Teach your kiddos to play hopscotch…
1) Draw a 10-square hopscotch board on the sidewalk with chalk. The squares should be large enough to fit one foot.
2) Give each player a distinct marker—traditionally a small rock or shell.
3) Each player takes their turn to throw her marker on the board, starting with the first square.
4) The player hops on one foot to each square to the end of the board. If two squares are next to each other, use both feet. The player must hop over the square containing their marker, then turn and hop back, retrieving their marker.
5) A player loses a turn if she steps on a line or her marker bounces out of the square when tossed. The first to get her marker to 10 wins.